In keeping with the government’s guidelines to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) the ICAJ Secretariat will be scaling down its operations and the following changes will be implemented effective April 2, 2020:
The Secretariat will be opened to the public from 8:30am to 3:00pm daily but members and students are encouraged to access our services electronically. Visitors to the office are encouraged to observe the social distancing and sanitisation guidelines.
- The study facility will be closed until further notice.
- ICAJ staff will work from home on a rotation basis but each department will be covered each day.
- Committee meetings will be held via teleconferencing and only where there are urgent matters to be discussed.
- The Secretariat is preparing to offer CPD courses via Zoom to ensure that our local accounting professionals maintain technical competencies in keeping with international standards. We will advise you further as this system is rolled out.
- You are encouraged to use our online platform to make payments and submit your queries.
We want to assure members and students that these measures are being implemented for the safety of everyone as well as to ensure that the work of the Institute is not adversely impacted.
We urge everyone to take the necessary precautions to keep themselves, their family and colleagues safe.
Together we will emerge from this experience stronger and more resilient.